Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tuna School Finished

This painting is finished and it didn't end up taking as long as I'd thought it might. There were a few false endings. I took it outside to photograph it in some decent light and was a little shocked. It was bright blue and not nearly murky enough. So I knocked it back with a blue green glaze, then brought back some detail, then glazed it again. And finally last night I gave it a few coats of varnish. Not the two pack epoxy coat I have put on my other fish paintings but the more traditional turps based varnish. It does add a depth to  the colour that perhaps the acrylic paint otherwise lacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment